Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's been a long time

I have no idea who reads this and honestly I don't care that much.

It's been a terribly long time since I've blogged so hear goes.

Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. He keeps bringing to my memory a guy I met in one of my classes last semester. When I'm driving, I seem to notice the car he drives, though it's not him. Take these times and PRAY. It's probably the Lord. It's been several weeks, maybe a few months ago, but randomly I was thinking about my old Math teacher from high school. Only days later, I found out that she had been hurt badly, and could have died. Yes, I believe the Lord was calling ME to pray for her! He laid her on my mind for a reason. Not simply to reflect on memories with her but to pray for her. Our ways are not His ways, nor are our thoughts HIS thoughts.

I have been strengthened and challenged in my faith since my return home from Illinois. Engaging in very in-depth conversations with a Catholic friend, I have had to really look into what I believe and why I believe it. To say the least, it has been an excellent opportunity. I pray that God fully opens the eyes of his understanding for there are many cloudy areas that need to be worked out. Rush in like a mighty wind Father!

God has been showing me that I need to live in the world but I am not of the world. That He is calling a generation who will not compromise but who will stand out and be different from the world. A people who is there to offer the hope and love of Christ (among many, many other things).

I'm feeling really stirred to take care of the temple God has given me. My physical body. I'm feeling the lack of care and something has got to change! I must not just talk about it. It will take action on my part along with a willing spirit. Die daily to the flesh. It's hard but it's doable. I'd like to get our family eating healthy foods. Buying good foods are expensive but if we start eating in moderation (portion sizes) --eating less of good so to speak, I think it will be to our benefit.

I feel such a peace about this semester. I'm still working on prioritizing time, finding that I'm eating on the run alot more than I need too, getting on face book entirely too much...but there is a peace. I see God at work in the little things. I might not have the big picture yet, and I may never have it, but God knows the plans He has for me and I shall rest in Him.

It snowed today. Just thought I should document this somewhere in addition to my calender and face book. It snowed a lot.

Greatly enjoyed reading Rachel's blog. I can't WAIT to be somewhere like that---I loved it. I hope that Costa Rica works out for me in the summer or sometime soon.

I love how I'm desiring to have my own home. I see beautiful things when I'm out shopping that I'd love to have but don't really have the room for them. Can't wait till I can decorate my home.

I'm glad that God made me want to obey my parents. That He gave me a desire to do what's right, to love seeking Truth. I ask that He give me a heart for those who don't see. Ah, God's showing me to love people for who they are, no matter what color they are, no matter how they talk or act, love them for them, love them because God loves them. Love because it's the right thing to do.

I've been consistently washing the dishes. That's a good thing.

I'm encouraged, so encouraged, when God brings people in my life "for such a time as this". One particular person blesses me so. We connect so well. Thank you Lord.

"Cast all your care upon Him for He cares for you."

No comments: