Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rest, just rest

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light

Luke 10
Mary and Martha-----
Be like Mary who chose the better part: sitting at the feet of Christ. Learning from His Word.
Don't be anxious or worried.

I just read a post from a friend who talked about revival. It made me think. I have been so spurred to do something with ministry and the Lord is preparing my heart NOW. He is making me ready to do what He is calling me to do. But, I can't just jump in without being prepared. Without the Lord first breaking my heart and healing it. Essentially, without being revived. :) I'm just now seeing that in order to get to that place of giving to others, I must be filled myself. Like a cup that is filled, I must pray that I am filled to overflowing, so that I can give to others from the overflow of what He has given to me. We can't revive others if we are not first revived ourselves. We as Christians must take time, seasons even, to reflect on what the Lord is doing in our lives, where we are, going to places that hurt, feeling the angquish of God. I could go into more on this but maybe at a later time.

Another thing that has been stirring in me is PRAYER. How important it is and how it is lacking in my life. Prayer is talking. Talking to God. It's relationship. How much time do we spend prioritizing our life around relationship with others when our relationship with our Creator is lacking? Is placed on a checklist at the bottom of the list? Or at the end of our day when we are exausted? We must get to a place where reading the Word and talking to God is like walking. We don't really have to contemplate it, we just do it because we have to, in order to get to where we need to go, it's essential. It's who we are. When will our lives come to a place where God is made the center of all that we do? Everything is centered around Christ! When will we get to a place where we actually walk out what His word commands us to do?
CAST YOUR CARE. COME TO ME. TAKE MY YOKE. LEARN FROM ME.
We have to come to a place where we are so in-tune, so connected to God, that He is our all in all. He is really the only one who truly satisfies our desires and longings. How much more could we give to others if we had such a relationship with our Father!!! We must know Who's we are, but fully content with who we are, relish in who God says we are, and do what His Word calls us to do.

How do we go from talking about it, penning it, mulling over it, to actually DOING it?

JUST DO IT. Be honest. Rest and be still. Being still and doing nothing are two completly different things. Focus your mind. Remind yourself of who He is and what He has done for you. Relish on who He is. Find a place to go. Don't rely on others to get you there! Work our your own souls salvation with fear and trembling. Journal. Periodically reflect on what the Lord has been showing and confirming in your spirit.

No comments: