Wednesday, August 29, 2012

More Goodness from the Lord


8/26/12
Today is Sunday. Our corporate day of rest.
I’m sitting in our freezing basement with our sunlight lamp streaming in so my body thinks it’s afternoon.  Earlier, the house above was abuzz with a late night cleaning escapade.
Morning breakfast: 12noon. Delicious bowl of oatmeal with a cup of coffee. Encouraging conversation with some daytime ladies about friendships. Jonathan and David. God caused Jonathan to love David. God puts people in our lives for a reason and He’s the author of friendships. He’s the greatest Friend. He’s got our story written out in it’s fullness. We don’t have to strive to maintain friendships and we don’t have to fear loosing friends. It brought tears to my eyes.
Our first core group meeting today. It’s just the three of us (me, Ashley and Leah-who’s our leader). Wegmans. The best grocery store/cafe ever.  This community is so real. Quick to repent, quick to love.
My roommate Megan and I went strolling down the lovely streets of downtown Fredericksburg and stopped into an adorable coffee shop bookstore and a  antique shoppes. We were on the quest to find The Space Trilogy by C.S Lewis. Our search came up empty but we came home with tea.
A dear friend from home called me and we talked for over an hour. Our conversation was interrupted several times by our connection, but we pressed on, and encouragement was given, the overflow of the affection of the Father was poured out, and heartstrings were knit.
Let’s see…since I last blogged on Thursday…we had an amazing Burn Service on Friday night. David Bradshaw brought the Word. Obedience. God desires His inheritance-us-and wants all of us. He wants 100% obedience. It’s good to receive from the Lord but we must think of the “I am my beloved” part of the equation. We must say yes. It’s not us doing it, it’s Him. Read Deuteronomy 30. Powerful stuff.  I cleaned toilets that were in desparate need of cleaning. Love to serve the body in practical ways.



….8/29/12
Yeah, I haven’t been very good about journaling every day. The Lord continues to move powerfully. Week 2 is going very well. They call it deliverance week though every day we are being delivered from something. I’m so thankful for the previous Inner Healing classes I took the last two semesters. They prepared me to receive the same information in a new outlook and setting.  Monday we talked about Father and Mother wounds. Our view of we God stems so strongely from our relationship with our parents. We were in the prayer room for 8 hours! . I know by the time we are done with this season, we will want to spend even more time in this sweet place of encounter. Powerful all staff set where the Lord was breaking off chains of bondage, romancing our hearts with His love (I’ve been asking the Lord to show me Himself as LOVER), and breaking off the orphan spirit. We also corporately interceeded for Israel-the beloved people close to God’s heart. A sweet memory of me and my siblings dancing in our basement rushed through my head as we began singing “Everything that, everything that, everything that has breath praise the Lord!”.  I also, in that moment, realized that I’ve just been viewing Jesus as Lord.  He hasn’t reached that place in my heart yet as the true Lover of my soul.  “We must live out of the overflow of the affection of the Father’s love”.
 Yesterday, was really ministering to my heart. We talked about inner vows, open doors we have open to the enemy, and generational curses and blessings.  We also discussed forgiveness, the occult, and sexual sins. Each HUGE topics but make my heart glad that we are getting rid of them. One of the huge takeaways was the following point: “A word about FEAR is usally a sign that there is an entry way in your life that produced fear. It may have been an open door of trauma. Ask the Lord, where did this fear come into my life?”
Time in the prayer room yesterday was also sweet. Right now, we don’t have a set format (we will next week), so most of our time in the prayer room has been spent before the Lord in personal devotion. 1 Corinthians 2:6-16. The entirety of this passage is amazing but verse 16 is especially amazing to me: For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him? BUT WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST. Dear ones, this is so powerful if we would just wrap our heads around this truth. We have HIS mind. It’s not us living inside us, it’s not our mind, it’s His. 
Today we will be working the Thrift store! I can’t wait!   



1 comment:

twyla varnado said...

I feel your spirit and I am in aw of what my father is doing through and to you. Love you Laney Poo