Friday, December 28, 2012

Upon my return....

Jets fly overhead. The hum of my laptop is heard. I sit atop by bed looking into a pile of things. Just items I love, I wear, I look upon, all boxed up and neatly packaged in the middle of my room. I'm taking it all with me. This reality is still settling.

A flutter of emotion scours the house this bright morning. Be angry but don't sin. Love does not seek it's own. I have sought my own far too often than I will ever want to admit. But admit I shall. I have not deferred or preferred others above my self as the self-less Lover has said I should.

This Man, fully God, fully Man, was wrongly accused, oppressed, and afflicted and He didn't say a word (Isaiah 53). He didn't say a word. He kept silent. He forgave. He believed all things because He is Love.

So often, I retort and try to preserve myself and my intentions, over words I wasn't aware of, over emotion unseen in the other. Lord, give me Your love to take blame, to admit fault unseen, to love so selflessly that I see the person-not the words or actions.

I have two weeks left here at the Ewbank abode. My home. The safe, open place that will always be home. The place where family resides, where love abounds (let it abound still more and more!), and where I'll never feel like a guest. Family is what makes this place a home.

How I will miss the hugs, the laughter, and the one-on-one conversations with my family and friends! I'm thankful I love to write letters of which many of you will receive when I plant myself in the lovely hub of the burg only 2.5 hours away from the beach. Come visit! I'll have a nice little basement apartment abode for you to come stay and visit.

I will step out in faith embracing the new, fully reaching out for Love, and rooting myself as a tree.

The last few weeks in recap....

~I graduated from the Stand by Night internship December 15th. It was a wonderful 4 1/2 months, rich, and filled to the brill with the goodness of the Lord!  I was able to share a brief testimony about what the Lord had taught me during the duration of the internship. I came home that day and took the next week getting fully well after being under the weather. Cat sitting and phone conversations with friends were other hightlights of the week. :) I also started reading Rees Howell's Intercessor. A book I've had on the shelf for about 5 years. It's excellent.

~Sunday, December 23rd, I returned to the burg to celebrate the dearly beloved Ronnette's birthday with a ball! I danced the night away and had a lovely time. :)

~I came back home Monday and spend the next several days packing my entire room.  I was in my "cave" too many hours to count. I successfully managed to pack 3/4 of the way! I love being prepared ahead of time.
~Christmas was semi-low key (still spent packing some). I'll continue dreaming about snow. It was filled to the brim with good conversation with a good friend as we reveled in the goodness of a book called "Homemaking" by J.R Miller (a must read!).

~I celebrated 24 years yesterday. I can hardly believe I'm getting so old but I'm so thankful to the Lord. I am alive and a day closer to His return.

The next two weeks will be spent meeting with dear friends, raising support, spending time with family, and last minute packing. :)

Thank you all for your love and support. Your friendships mean so much to me.

No comments: