Now you get a VERY quick synopsis of the last several days. Man, I really wanted to keep up EVERY single day. I don't have a lot of time this morning so I'll try to be as brief and specific as I can (haha). Thanks for reading!
So, Cameron is listening to some sort of disco-ish/ raping sounding music super loud and it's vibrating the floor. :-/
Let's see, since my last post:
Things have been going well, however, I've been really, really tired lately. It's a combination of things I think. 1) I'm in a totally different environment that is a whole lot less stressful, slower pace, and it's beautiful here! 2) I keep going to bed alot later than I should, and since it's an hour later in Virginia, those first few days I was here really affected me I think.
I know what to do but sometimes I'm not quite sure what to do. I don't have several things pulling at me which is probably why I'm thinking I don't know what to do or that I should be doing something . It's nice, I suppose. :)
I guess I'll be in charge of making sure some sort of meal is put on the table Wednesday nights. Not sure how that's going to go down, I'm sure i'll figure out something.
Friday the 21st--I worked at the Orchard then I think Carissa and I went to make bread with this guy dushawn. It was pretty fun, I guess.
Saturday the 22nd--I can't quite remember but I think I worked at the Orchard again. That night we went to Blake's house and rode in his sweet blue 2004 Honda Accord. Played a game of pool and listened to Owl City. Then we went to County Market to get a few items for the Orchard. Came back to his house to watch Walle but the parents wanted us to come back due to it being so late. Oh yeah. And this was the night my host told me I smelled greasy and asked how many times I showered, if I wore lotion or perfume. All in love but yeah. Do you really say that to someone? This wasn't the first time.
Sunday the 23rd- Carissa and I went to First Christian Church right down the road. I tell you, I am so thankful for my church! This church was not alive at all. People just stood there and hardly engaged. Worship was fragmented. Communion was rushed. We had to leave early since Carissa is the head donut maker on the weekends. Got back home, talked to Mom for a while, then headed over to the Orchard to help make donunts with Carissa. We got to the University of Illinois mid-afternoon, around 2ish. Experienced Quad day :) Carissa's friend Nick came with us. Ran into another guy I met last time I visited, Luke. He's doing a program where you teach English to foreign students. Carissa and I wanted to go shopping for stuff for her upcoming party--headed to a place called World Harvest. Carissa's boy called her so she left me to remember the ingredients. In the end, we didn't buy any toppings and left with a single bar of chocolate. Then we went to another grocery store, Shnucks, where we were like "It's way to early to buy stuff what are we doing here!" We ended up buying some coffee for the party. We met up with Nick again later that day for some dinner at the Catholic church/dorm house and met up with their friend Matt. Nick helped Carissa find her classes, we took Nick home, and came back home exausted.
Monday the 24th--Carissa started classes and was gone most of the day. I really can't remember what I did, actually, this must of been the day I stayed home. Yeah, I was home most of the day by myself. Got online did the facebook/email thing, did some school work, oh yeah (now I remember), then we picked up Julie from school, went to Culvers to pick up some ice cream for the orchard, had a hamburger, headed back home to meet up with Mrs. Grahams friends. We were headed to the site of Extreme Makeover Home Edition! We got there around five, signed in, waited, waited, got some hard hats, ate some yummy barbeque from a place my family always went to when we lived here, and waited some more. Got to see Ty Pennington, the shows host, (woot woot!-haha) and decided to drift over to the house because know one was telling us where to go or what to do. We ended up being able to tour the whole house! It was really nice.
Tuesday the 25th--Yesterday, Carissa's alarm went off once! But she didn't wake up. Julie had to come in announcing that she had only 20 minutes till that had to leave! I could tell that her day was going to be not as focused. I, along with Grandma and Grandpa Curtis, Rachel, and Mrs. Graham and Grandma Graham following in another car, headed out to Bloomington where we would all watch Aaron (Carissa's brother) and Sarah's baby in 4D! It was a great experience. Got back home mid-afternoon around 2:30, went to the Orchard with Mrs. Graham to start working on the schedule for the Cafe. I guess I'm going to be put in charge of it--which is great! Wrapped up around 6pm, tried to work on school when I got back, through some dinner together, didn't eat till around 8pm or so. Got in the hot tub last night with my dear friend---talked for a while. Got to bed around 11pm.
Up early today. Going to write a few more cards, work on my homework, go to the Orchard and work on the schedule, write a list of things to do for this week.....
No comments:
Post a Comment