Ladies and Gentlemen~
First, I'm very happy that I have today and tomorrow OFF! I now have plenty of hours today and tomorrow to press in to my schoolwork and get er' done. :) And, I might be able to have lunch with Carissa on campus.
Rachel is getting ready to leave for California today. She's off to see her love and will be back in 10 days.
Things have been pretty busy, as usual, here are a few of the highlights and the nitty gritty:
Thursday the 24th--
I had the day off and was with Carissa most of the day on campus. We started the day by going to the farm for a few hours and picked lots of tomatoes.
Then we went to County Market, changed and freshened up, had our small lunch of PB&J, and some Caribou Coffee. Carissa walked about 20 minutes to her class while I took her car to Twice as Nice Thirft Store. :)
Found some GREAT things at the thrift store: three dresses (2 old navy stripped-blue and maroon--and a cotton blue dress),
drove around the U of I forever trying to find the place to pick Carissa up. So many people were there! :)
found Carissa and headed to Howbowda bagel---we split a salmon one it wasn't half bad.
headed home, had dinner, then headed back to campus for Invervarsity. It was pretty good--it has potential. :)
bread hunting
lightning storm was intense!!!!! oh and did i mention we couldn't see hardly anything in front of us it was raining so hard!
then, we sucessfully made it home around 11pm
The Orchard had flooding from the rain (2 inches in 20 minutes!) so I went over to help mop and take off a few shelves of jams/jellies/preserves. I didn't get to bed till 2am
Friday the 28th-----
I worked 8:30-3:15ish
Went to pick up Julie with Rachel, went to Barnes and Noble, set up a bank account, purchased some insoles for my lovely shoes (ha).
We had the best dinner prepared by the lovely Carissa----homemade sun-dried tomato sourdough bread, salmon, brisket (prepared by me!), there must have been something else---and yes, we didn't eat till 9pm.
Carissa's boy Randy came in that night. Watched Elizabethtown so I didn't get to bed till late--probably 1am?
Saturday the 29th---
Worked from 9-4:20ish
Read very little of my reading assignments
Then I partied!!! :D Wore my lovely blue dress----the party was so much fun! And the best part, I knew everyone at the party! We made homemade pizzas with so many good toppings (avacado, goat cheese, bacon, to name a few). For dessert, we had Creme Brulee coffee and caramel flavored (so good!!! and my first) watched Lauren, Carissa, and Nick flame the sugar for them. Hung out for a while, then Lydia, Nick and I did the dishes----some people had to leave. AFter we were done we couldn't find Randy or Carissa. So we went to find them. In the dark. In the orchard. Blake and I went in the car and sure enough they were in the meadow walking down the lane. Got back to the house and Cameron (oh yes!! Cameron set up his SWEET sound system, fog machine (not so sweet) and DISCO BALL!!!!! It was so great!) had the music up and then we started dancing.....
then we left to see if we could find them and scare them (carissa and randy).....didn't really work since both of the guys shirts were light colored....
Got back to the house and had a lovely evening of dancing!!
Then Matt and I started talking about his pilot license and his flying escapade with Nick to the Ozarks. Which eventually turned into a conversation about his Catholic faith since Carissa and I wanted to go to their meeting on Thursday (it's during the same time as Intervarsity).
I ended up talking to Matt and Nick till about 2am.
Then stayed up another hour with Randy, Carissa, and Cameron.
late night but a WONDERFUL time!
I really can't keep going here, I need to start my homework assignments. But those are the main highlights for the week!!
2 comments:
so wait, where are you working? i'm enjoying following your adventures! thanks for allowing me!
wow! so much fun! I'm glad you are enjoying it! oh super awesome dance party? we will DEF have one here when you get back!
Post a Comment