Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meditate

MED'ITATE, v.i. [L. meditor.]

1. To dwell on any thing in thought; to contemplate; to study; to turn or revolve any subject in the mind; appropriately but not exclusively used of pious contemplation, or a consideration of the great truths of religion.
His delight is in the law of the Lord, and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Ps.1.

How I love Noah Webster's 1812 Dictionary. He uses the Bible as His example (imagine that!). 

"The Law of Your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold, sweeter than honey...Open up my eyes that I may see wonderful things from Your law" This familiar (to some) tune (from Chris Carter) is taken from Psalm 119. I love songs that are set to Scripture. 

Do we truly meditate enough? I know I don't. Do we treat the Word of God like food. Have we fully wrapped our heads around the fact that without it we can't live? Must we wonder why we feel the way we feel, why we do the things we can't seem to stop doing, why we can't find the answers or peace in other things, when we don't seek the one who says to knock and He'll answer!

Meditation. Thought on One Thing. Jesus. His Word. 

On His law do we meditate day and night. This is constant, all day, all night thought on the living Word. The food that completely satisfies, fills, transforms, orders our steps, takes away evil desires of the flesh. 

I'm ready to delve deep into the Stream. I'm ready to think about what I read and really believe these precious Words. Let the Words permeate my entire being in order that I may desire nothing else, be consumed with nothing else. That others would see Christ in me. 

Rest. He calls His beloved to rest. And so shall I. 


No comments: